Cutting them into sticks are much easier for my kids to eat! It is also more fun dunking them into the maple syrup.
Banana Peanut Butter French Toast Sticks
6 slices brioche bread
2–3 bananas, sliced
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1–2 tablespoons butter
Cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar for dusting, maple syrup
– Start by making banana and peanut butter sandwiches by spreading some peanut butter on 2 slices of bread, add some banana slices on top of the peanut butter and top with the other slice of bread. Repeat with the remainder of the bread, makes 3 sandwiches.
– Cut each sandwich into 3 sticks, you should have a total of 9 sticks.
– Into a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip each stick into the mixture, making sure to coat all sides. Move them onto a plate and melt a tablespoon of butter in a pan.
– Add the French toast sticks into the pan and cook on medium low for about 2-3 minutes on each side (don’t forget the sides). Also, make sure that you don’t overcrowd the pan. I cooked mine in 2 batches, adding some more butter before the second batch.
-To keep the French toast warm while cooking the rest, place them in a parchment lined baking sheet and place in oven at lowest temperature.
– Dust with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar. Serve with maple syrup.