Super quick and easy weeknight dish. You can use any ground meat and veggies of your choice.
10 oz spaghetti
1 lb ground turkey
2 carrots, peeled and julienned
3 green onions, sliced thinly (separate the green and white parts)
6 garlic cloves, minced
5 oz spinach
1 teaspoon cornstarch
3 teaspoons Shaoxing wine, separated
2 tablespoons soy sauce + 1 teaspoon, separated
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1. Cook the spaghetti per box directions. In the meantime, prep the veggies and mix the ingredients for the sauce. Into a measuring cup add 1/4 cup broth, 2 teaspoons Shaoxing wine, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Mix and set aside.
2. Into a hot wok/skillet add 1 tablespoon of the grapeseed oil and add the ground turkey. Break it apart as you go and cook until it is no longer pink. Add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, 1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce. Mix to combine.
3. Push the ground turkey to one side of the wok/skillet and add 1 tablespoon of oil to the other side, add some minced garlic and the white parts of the green onion. After about a minute, combine everything together.
4. Add the carrots and cook for a few minutes. Now add the spinach, spaghetti and pour on the sauce. Quickly but gently toss to combine. Make sure the spaghetti is coated with the sauce.
5. Remove from heat and add the green part of the green onions and add a drizzle of the sesame oil (optional). Enjoy.